Welcome to La Mesa, CA
Centrally located in the rolling hills of San Diego County, La Mesa is known as the Jewel of the Hills. A near perfect climate, tree-lined streets, walkable neighborhoods, easy access to retail and commercial areas, and a quaint downtown village make La Mesa a highly desirable community in which to live and work.
There is more to Jewel of the Hills than just geography. It's about the myriad people who have called La Mesa home for the last 100 years whom we honor for their extraordinary accomplishments as well as their devotion to the community.
It's about discovering one-of-a-kind places tucked away in tree-lined neighborhoods. It's about finding the friendly ambience that hallmarks La Mesa as a small, picturesque city with lots of character. You are invited to experience the wealth of treasures that make up La Mesa... the Jewel of the Hills.
About The City Clerk
It is the responsibility of the City Clerk's Division to:
- Administer all municipal elections
- Administer oaths of office
- Coordinate recruitments for board, commission and committee appointments
- Issue resolutions and prepare ordinances for publication and codification
- Maintain and protect all vital, permanent and historic records of the city
- Prepare agendas and support material for the City Council, Redevelopment Agency, Parking Authority and Public Financing Authority meetings
- Prepare, publish, post, and mail all public notices
- Receive appeals and subpoenas
- Serve as the filing officer for all campaign and conflict of interest disclosure statements as required by the Political Reform Act
- Update and maintain the Municipal Code
Boards & Commissions
La Mesa Boards & Commissions
The city has a number of boards, commissions and committees that are an important and valued part of our city government. The success and health of La Mesa is built upon our diverse community, civic pride, strong neighborhoods, and each individual's sense of responsibility for making the city a better place for everyone.
Boards & Commissions Applications
Applicants are appointed to the various boards, commissions and committees after a standard interview and appointment process. View current vacancy notices . To apply for a board, commission or committee, submit a completed application to the City Clerk's office.
Applications are kept on file for one year from the date of submittal. If you have any questions, please call the City Clerk's office at 619.667.1120.
Our Boards & Commissions
- Community Parking Commission
- Community Relations and Veterans Commission
- Community Services Commission
- Design Review Board
- Environmental Sustainability Commission
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Personnel Appeals Board
- Planning Commission
- Traffic and Mobility Commission
- Youth Advisory Commission
Our Task Forces
Maddy Act ListEvery year by January 1, the City Clerk is required to post a listing of all known, upcoming vacancies for the entire year. Please view the Maddy Act List to see the current listing.